It’s the last day of the month, and if you’re anything like me, that means the usual: the rent is due, it’s payday, and you’re wondering what happened to the last thirty days or so. I often find myself at the end of the month thinking about all the things I wanted to get done but just didn’t…this is magnified by twelve at the end of the year.
I think it’s time to change all of that. Shaming ourselves for everything we haven’t accomplished only makes us believe that we don’t really have what it takes to accomplish the big things. What if we turned it all around and started celebrating everything we did do?
- I shot three photo sessions; one with my first engagements and two with babies…major props!
- I made it up to see my family (part of them at least)
- I finally got some updated photos of myself for the blog and website. Thank you, Keli Lawrence! Love you!
- I launched the website!
- I canceled my zero balance credit cards…props to Dave Ramsey and my husband’s mad budget skills! My wardrobe, however, has a very different opinion on all this…not very happy with me at all right now.
- I switched to eco-responsible dish soap. Hey, every little bit helps!
You see? Already I’m feeling better about myself and ready to take on even more. It’s all about the psychology, I tell ya. Yes, friends, I think it is high time we start looking back only to move ourselves forward. Wasting time looking back to dwell on all the could’ve-should’ve-would’ve been is just exhausting, and it only keeps us from living our best lives (oh Oprah, I’ve learned so much from you).
So enough with the guilt trips already! What did you accomplish this month? And how does that set you up for an even better next month?