So I’m rendered pretty much useless for the second day now because of whatever I did to my neck. The upside is the blog post is coming out before 9:00 tonight since I don’t have much else I can get done today.
Yesterday I shared what’s been inspiring me lately, and today I thought I’d give some shout-outs to a few of my favorite things:
- If you haven’t heard the single from newcomers in country music Thompson Square, well then, you probably don’t listen to country music anyway, but you should. It’s so cute and just puts me in a good mood when I hear it. You can listen to it here.
- Suave’s Professional line of products has a new(?) flavor out called rosemary mint, and it is to die for. Normally I only like mint things in the colder months, but this is perfect for feeling refreshed in the summer, and it will leave your hair smelling so clean. And if you’re wondering why I call it a flavor instead of a scent, it’s because it drives my mother crazy. Love you, Mom!
- In the Name of Love is a Christian ministry started by Bianca Juarez, who happens to be the sister of my photography icon, Jasmine Star, which is how I found it. Bianca writes candidly on her blog every day about anything and everything related to living your life for a higher calling and trying to be Jesus’ example of love to others. It’s down-to-earth, real and challenging. What a talented family!
- That coffee up there? Okay, yes, we have to talk about this coffee. It’s Archer Farms by Target, and while that wouldn’t normally scream gourmet coffee, you have to try this. There are a ton of tempting flavors, but so far we haven’t made it past the buttery caramel (what more could you want?). A hot cup of that with some milk in the morning? Now that is worth getting up for!
- Now I realize I may be endlessly mocked for this next one, but if you were feeling the pain in you neck that I’m feeling, you would do anything it takes to get some relief. My usual bed pillows were just not cutting it, so I finally gave in and picked up this contour pillow from Bed Bath & Beyond. I may never sleep on another pillow again. I had my doubts if these would really be worth it, but don’t be surprised if you see me out and about with it. I might start taking it everywhere!
- This last one has my mouth watering already. It’s watermelon season! The other night I felt like a crazed pregnant woman. Marlin was going to the store and asked if I needed anything. I told him I didn’t care what he came home with as long as he brought a watermelon with him. These tasty gems of summer remind me of sitting on my grandparents’ back porch, taking a break from swimming in the lake with all my cousins, and spitting out the seeds…It makes me feel like a kid again. I took a huge bag to work the other day for breakfast and ate the whole thing. They might be the perfect fruit.